Thursday, May 27, 2010

Day one down...so far so good!

Okay I don't know what I was talking about with the estrogen patches. I guess you get used to it?...because I feel pretty normal these days and I'm still using them. I started my Lupron shots last night. One down...so far so good!

I'll be on Lupron for a couple of weeks. It's the same drug that sent me into menopause a while back. The Lupron will suppress my hormones (pituitary/FSH) so that Dr. B can then shoot me full of drugs to stimulate follicle growth. He'll have more control once the Luron has shut me down.

C'mon 15+!!! That's the number of eggs I hope to retrieve June 16th. My blood work from December predicted I'd have 14, so that's what I should expect.

The needle for Lupron is small. The dose is little. Takes about 5 minutes from prep to cleanup. Not a big deal. The only thing is the meds have to stay cold, so I keep them at home. Can't carry them around on me and be just anywhere at 7 o'clock (injection time). Other than that, so far no big deal. I'm just waiting to see the effect the drug has on my moods...yikes. Anyway just a small update.

No comments:

Post a Comment