Friday, June 4, 2010

My meds are here.

I received my meds today. What a package. I had it delivered to work so it's not sitting in the sun at home on my porch. Most of it needs to stay cool (in the fridge). I showed some coworkers the larger progesterone needle. Haha. Let's just say they were impressed. Not a little needle. Thank God I only use this one a time or two towards the end. Then when I'm pregnant, I'll use it more AND BE HAPPY TO DO SO! :o)

This time around I'll be doing 1 shot in the morning and 2 at night Sunday 6/6 through Sunday 6/13. I'm able to give them all to myself, so Luis is free to travel for work. I'll need him or someone for one on 6/14 though...

I've been taking shots of Lupron every night for the past week and 2 days. I've had 1 hot flash and a couple headaches. No big deal. That is until Wednesday. I had a horrible day. My head hurt so bad I was nauseous plus I was super emotional. Eck. I had my suppression scan (ultrasound and blood work) that day. It was a success--my follicles are suppressed.--The nurse told me I'm allowed to take Excedrin migraine. Yay!!!!! I went straight to the pharmacy then to bed and the headache was gone. Yesterday and today have been fine...no headaches or hot flashes. I've had a couple of mood swings, but nothing major. I just remind myself it's not real. I'm not really sad...just chemicals making me feel that way.

I've sort of had a coming to Jesus lately. This whole thing is out of our hands and I'm not going to stress about it. The doctors and I can only do so much more before we close this chapter and move on to the next. Doesn't stop me from hoping the outcome is a beautiful baby of our own...Just keeps my feet on the ground and any disappointment from hitting so strong.

Anyway, here we go...

No comments:

Post a Comment