Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Some days are just harder than others

I went to see Dr. Bundren today for my annual exam. I just wanted to get on BCs so I could schedule my crazy period around an upcoming vacation, but had to go into the office first.

I was emotional pulling into my work parking lot this morning. I was anxious later leaving for my appointment with Dr. B. Just knowing I had to go back there gets me upset. I didn't cry...not yet...I just dreaded going.

I got there and waited practically naked for over an hour. I read a magazine and played with my phone trying to be patient--thinking of the girls in the other rooms. What if one of them was dealing with bad news like I've had to do in the past? Still it was a long wait. Just before I was about to put my clothes on and walk out of there, the doctor came in.

I'll spare you the details, but basically I was given an Rx to take every night...the Metformin I'm supposed to be taking all along but don't. No BCs, but he suggested I get on the IUD??? We'll see about that...I've heard horror stories.

It was good seeing Dr. B and the ladies there, but just draws up so many bad memories that it's hard on me emotionally. Anyway, I'll dry my pathetic tears, put my big girl panties on and deal with it. Some days are just harder than others.

No comments:

Post a Comment