Monday, February 28, 2011

We Are Adopting!

Well we were pregnant last summer. Long story short, it ended in a DNC August 6, 2010. I was 11 weeks, but the baby didn't make it past 5 weeks.

There were quite a few ups and downs, but the ups were wonderful. Hearing all the congratulations from everyone...having a baby growing in my belly...the joy! Even though it ended in sadness, I will never forget what it felt like to have what I wanted for a short period of time. I'm so happy we went through our short, little pregnancy just to know how that felt and not to envy anyone ever again. Life goes on...

Which brings me to the real reason I'm blogging today...We are adopting!! We're trying to anyway. We just turned in our application this past Saturday to adopt through Catholic Charities. So here we go on to the next phase of our journey.

Real quick. I know this will sound crazy, but I just want to drop to my knees and thank God for everything we've been though the past 4 years. Yes, I said that! Thank you, God, for everything that's happened to us. Even though it left us financially strapped for a bit and heartbroken, the silver lining is that my husband and I are closer than ever. At least I feel we are. I love him so much and don't want to be anywhere else with any one else in this world. He is amazing! I don't know how I could have gotten through it without him. I look forward to our future as parents and feel God really does know best. Luis & I are closer now and will be better parents than we would have been 4 years ago.

So that's it for now. Too much has happened since my last blog to try to catch up. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment